This better be a better year or I'm gonna be really pissed. 2008 sucked. Big time. The highlights were traveling to NM, FL and Seattle. Too bad I'm not independently wealthy. I can spend money soooooooooo easily. I think I get that from my mother.
As expected, it was an uneventful New Years. I babysat and stayed the night Tuesday and Wednesday. It was an easy gig. This little baby is so cute and so independent. And tough! Plus, having a short work week has helped. Physically, I haven't felt all that great. I'm on my period and we all know how bad that sucks. Oh well. The count down has begun! 6 more days until Ames is here. I can't wait. We are going to have sooo much fun!! And I just learned about a really neat place in Denver that would be a neato place to go. She's going to make me laugh and take lots of pictures. Finally- someone as serious as I am to documenting a trip. Whew!
OH! So last weekend was really fun. I couldn't write about it before because it was a surprise party for one of my bestest friends, Star. Her sister planned this great surprise party and we really did surprise her! I got a little dressed up, chopped my hair, did the nails and hit the town with hubby in tow. It was great. After the party we went to The People's Republic of Boulder for dancing. Of course... per Boulder norm some idiot college dudes made a scene and ended up actually getting tasered! HA! I hid in the coat check closet - literally. We got a free round of drinks and tons of apologies. Whatever... I don't expect much from a college town. It was nice to be with Star and shake the booty a little. Now it's the weekend AGAIN already. Star and I are getting together tomorrow. Not sure what our plan is yet, but just being together is enough.
Um... the weather has been surprisingly warm. I wore a t-shirt the other day. It was 45! Can you believe that?! I was amazed. But it felt so good. Crazy what a few days in the teens will do to ya! AH! And I made the most amazing sweet potato casserole. It is my girlfriend's grandmother-in-law's recipe. SO good. Everyone that's tried it has loved it. SUCCESS! Did I tell you about the pecan pie disaster? I didn't want a repeat of that... so having this turn out was great. I'm trying to cook more. Don't get excited - I'm no Emeril... just branching away from boxed dinners and frozen meals.
Ok, so the hair cut. It was somewhat spontaneous in the happening. I called a salon, they had an opening and I went in. It's short. Not as short as when I got married. but I love it. I'll take a picture and upload shortly. I have bangs again. I know... I know... I said years ago that bangs could never come back. But frankly, I feel like I look better in pictures with bangs. We'll see.
Anyhoo... I'll write more later. Gotta work for the last little bit.
XOXOX
1 comment:
I love haircuts! Can't wait to see pictures. Love ya.
Post a Comment