Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Wow. Hard to believe it's actually Christmas. This year flew by. Not that the others haven't, but still... yeah, wow. So what's new? Work has picked up since my last post. I've been really busy which makes the days go quick. Didn't have class last week, which was nice. The last couple classes I've had have been online so sitting in a classroom after working all day reminded me of the pros with online classes. But nothing can beat those in-seat discussions.

Christmas was quiet and uneventful. I am dog sitting til Jan 2nd, so yesterday Ace and I went to dinner at a co-worker/friend's house. She invited us over and it was really nice. The food was amazing - YUM and the conversation was fun. We picked up the squirt this morning and so today feels more like Christmas than yesterday. He opened his presents from Santa and loved everything. He has all sorts of new favorites. LOL. He cracks me up. Tonight we will feast on Ace's fabulous lasagna and crash from all the carbs. I'm hoping to watch Up! So we'll see. Tomorrow a friend and her family is coming over for brunch and play time for the kids. She and I will gab, the boys will talk whatever and the kids will exhaust themselves on toys. Nice way to spend a Sunday I think:-)

Um... what else? OH! So Christmas Eve Ace and I took the light rail to downtown Denver. It was like a ghost town. We walked around in the freezing cold, found a fancy restaurant and gorged ourselves on yummy food. On the way I gave $20 to a homeless man. Normally I don't hand out anything, but being Christmas eve I felt bad that we had a warm bed and he might not. Ya never know in this state if they are really homeless or punk trust fund twerps begging for sport. Either way, he was able to get a nice meal. And my heart felt good. I haven't started my new job yet. I think come January I will have more to tell about that. Still dog sitting now and then though. As of right now I'm booked Jan 10 - 18th. The extra cash is just hard to pass up, ya know?

K. I think that's it. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. This one definitely reminded me of all that Christ has given us.

No comments: