I'm still unemployed folks. However, on Monday Daddy sent me a link to a job posting he had found on monster.com. It was an HR Intership at a company that rhymes with Schmatheon. Apparently it's a HUGE company and I had no clue. SO... Monday I applied. Tuesday I got an email asking about my status in school. Wednesday I respond. Wednesday I get another email asking if there is a time I am available to talk on the phone. Thursday at 3pm I spoke with a Recruiting Specialist about the job. YAY!!! Friday I completed the online application. It's a Part Time position with not so great pay, but the experience would be amazing. And there's no benefits. But again, to have this huge company on my resume would be pretty darn incredible. I'm trying not to get too excited. Gotta keep my cool.
My new class started on Tuesday. Risk Management. Thrilling, I know. The instructor is amazing. He's very structured, organized and focused. And he explains things really well and doesn't talk in circles like other professors. AND... he works at Schmatheon. How cool is that?!
On another note... I'm having some work done to my teeth. I don't recall how many of you know about this, but on the morning of November 17, 2007 I slipped in the shower. I actually hit my chin on the soap dish that sticks out of the wall and then fell face first into the tub. As a result, I broke 3 of my top front teeth. Luckily, Aaron was right there and helped me up as I was screaming and crying. It was horrible. Blood... chunks of teeth. Gross. I immediately went to the oral surgeon who took xrays and told me my jaw was still in tact. We were worried because I had hit it so hard. Anyways, I ended up having to get bonding on those teeth. A few months later I check in with the dentist and find out I have horizontal fractures on those teeth. NOT GOOD. We discussed the options of veneers versus crowns and left it alone for a while. Veneers are soooo expensive. Well last week the receptionist calls and informs me that my insurance company sent them a check for $1,000. My max allowed for the year. This means that I would be responsible for the balance. But the Dr. is aware of my unemployed status and is willing to work with me on the balance. YAY! Another payment plan. All in all, it's great really. I'm getting crowns for the 3 teeth and she's giving me an over 50% discount on the third tooth. Since I still have my original molds from when I got my braces off, the lab can use those to make the crowns. Which means I'll have a perfect smile again. WHOO HOO!! GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!! And again - so thankful that this happened after the wedding.
Um... I worked for S&N again this last week. Two days actually. However, this coming week I have nothing planned. Monday is supposed to be gorgeous and I think CC is coming down. I'm hoping I can talk her into a hike or something. 5 days of nothing to do. Ahh.....
Except, this past week I did go to the movies. On Wednesday. I went to the Elvis theater which is the cheapo theater in town. It cost $2.50. Can't beat that, folks! I saw the Twilight movie. At first, I was in aww. Now that I've had time to think about it I realize it wasn't a well made movie. But it got the point across. Regardless, I am officially hooked on the series and started reading the books last night. Of course I'm still in book 1. I'll probably get through the rest this coming week if nothing comes up. I haven't read for pleasure like this in years. Seriously. I think it's been over 10 years. It's an easy read though. The writing isn't all that great either, but that's ok. I needed something to sort of veg out my brain and take it off other things.
We had the squirt last night and today. He's so darn cute.
Well, I think that's all for now. Of course if you have any other questions please feel free to comment or shoot me an email.
Later pickles.
No comments:
Post a Comment