Ok, so now that I've had a little break from the ol' blog ... it's time to reconnect. I guess there are a few peeps out there who like to read up on my very boring life. Thanks! I love you all! (some sarcasm there:-))
Work: I started a new job on March 16th. Raytheon Polar Services. What that means is, Raytheon is the primary contractor for the National Science Foundation for the Antarctic science program. The contract is 10 years and expires on 3-31-2010. I'm an HR Intern. So far, it's been great. The people are awesome. I've learned a ton already. The commute is about 20 minutes. The pay sucks and it's only part time - about 25 hours per week. However, my supervisor told me this week that the recruiting department is going to need some help soon. Apparently their busy season is May - July. She said that is definitely going to increase my hours. YAY!
Now - some drama. Back in December an old co-worker of mine touched base with me. We got to talking and he mentioned there might be an opening in the HR department at his job. I sent him my resume and then I didn't hear anything for a while. About a week or two after I lost my job at the real estate office, I got a call from a woman that works with my friend. She asks me a ton of questions about school and tells me a job won't be available for at least a month. Then, last week a different lady calls and wants to interview with me. I went in and it went great. Unfortunately she and a few other executive members are out of town this week so I haven't heard anything. But my friend and I keep in touch and he tells me that I've got the job. I'm supposed to hear something next week. This would be a full time position. HR Assistant. Paid. And it's for the (rhymes with schmoverment), which everyone tells me is a dream job. Once you're in - you're in for life.
I don't know what to do. I mean, I know I should and really need to take a full time position, but the folks at Raytheon are so nice. Ugh. Anxiety.
School: I finished up the Spring semester with all A's. YAY!! I'm in the middle of a break right now and then my next class starts May 4th. Online this time. We'll see how that goes. If everything goes according to plan, I will definitely be able to graduate May of 2010. Wow. A time to look forward to.
Ace: So far Ace and I are doing really well. We see each other a few days a week and usually try to make the most of our time. He got a new job and started a couple weeks ago. It seems to be going smoothly and his boss already thinks highly of him. It's a very secure job and quite stable. FINALLY! It's in Arvada, which is about 25-35 minutes away, but that's fine. He likes the people he works with and really... any job is great right now. He's also been asked by a couple friends to do some handy-man work for them. Extra cash is always a plus. It feels a little weird right now just because I feel like we've been in this stressful mode for so freakin long, its like - what do we do now that things are calming down?
Other: Since I mentioned to a co-worker at Raytheon that I pet-sit, I have gotten 3 new clients. Amazing. My schedule is filling up fast and I'm so happy to be hanging out with some pups soon. I really do miss having a dog. So so so so much. Ace promises me that in the next year or so I can get a furry girl. YAY!! Yeah, so the pet sitting thing is cool. I'll actually be hanging with 3 next weekend in Frederick. I get to have a huge house to myself, go for long walks with the pups, read, watch movies.. etc. For 4 entire days. Ahhhh.... a mini vacation. Minus the beach.
Health: My health has been ok. I did have a kidney stone a couple weeks ago. It felt so incredibly good when it finally passed. My body was like - ahhhhhh... relief. Stomach has been good for the most part. Hardly any migraines. I did have one this week. But I medicated myself and slept. So now the thing that's bothering me is this stupid tight muscle in the neck/shoulder area. It's quite painful and debilitating. I can't turn my head a certain way or nod or stretch without it sending extreme pain down my back. I think it's from mousing at work. Regardless, it's uncomfortable. A nice hot bath could be in order.
The Squirt: We are officially on potty training mode. He's now peed and pooped in the potty which was a HUGE ordeal for us. I understand that lots of kids have trained at younger ages and to some this is no big deal. But to us -it's just great. He's wearing big boy underpants around the house now except for nap and bed time. He gets all sorts of rewards. I'm all about changin it up. He's talking like crazy and saying "No" or "Why?" to just about everything. He's getting so big so fast and it's a little terrifying. I still have moments where I want him to shrink back up to that tiny baby phase so that he'll nap with me. Or let me hold him for hours. Now I'm lucky if I get a kiss and hug. Stupid hotwheels, tools and sports. They get all his affection.
Holidays: Uh.... I don't recall how many holidays I've missed on here, but Easter was the most recent. Since he's with us on Friday nights, we had to do things a little differently this year. Saturday morning when he woke up, I explained to him that the Easter Bunny has a brother, Nacho, and he heard that the squirt would be staying with us on Friday night. So he brought a gift basket and hid some eggs. As soon as he realized that - the hunt began. He found his basket and all the hidden eggs. Later on he and Ace colored some other eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide. It was a nice day and I love that he's so creative. It was fun.
Ok, I guess that's it for now. We did have a massive Spring snow storm over the last couple days. It brought some much needed moisture. Although, I will say that I'm not too fond of driving through 5 inches of slush and then having to pull off the road just to clear my windshield. I actually had my scrapper out the driver side window trying to clear it before I pulled over. I can only imagine what other drivers thought. Meh.... I don't care.
No comments:
Post a Comment