Friday, April 24, 2009

Still figuring this out

So, I am fine with having a blog. A place for people to plug into when ever they want and read up about my life. Problem being that I don't want everyone to be able to do that. So i invited a bunch of people yesterday but I think because of my privacy settings they have to have a password or something. IDK. Regardless... here I am

Dog sitting in Frederick this weekend. Frederick is about an hour away from Littleton. It's quiet and really ... not much of a city. The house I'm staying is great though. Big with lots of windows and literally out in the middle of nowhere. Plus - the peeps I'm puppy-sitting for bought me food. All my favorites :-) It's a nice little getaway. Today we went for a long walk. About 4 miles in 2 hours. With 3 dogs, it was a little challenging at times. But they are so well behaved... it was just a great time outside. Colorado really is a beautiful place. I know I don't want to die here, but I can't deny the magic that rests in the mountains on the horizon.

Tonight I'm not sure what to do yet. I have a scarf that I finished knitting for a friend a couple weeks ago, so I need to clean that up and prep for delivery. I also have some books to read. And I did just complete my FAFSA. Mmmm... solitude.

Not much else going on right now. This past week was busy at work. School starts in a little over a week. I checked my schedule and it's my final Project Management class. WHOO HOO!! Then I start my psych stuff. Lots to look forward too!

Ace is alone with the squirt this weekend. Tonight he has a softball game so the kid gets to sit in the dugout and watch from the side! I bet he is SO SO excited. On that note, working for Raytheon has it's benefits. On Wednesday I got an email that they have discounted tickets for Colorado Rockies games. YEAH! So I called and bought tickets for this coming Tuesday night - we'll have the squirt - and then for a Sunday afternoon just Ace and I. Both games are Rockies versus Padres. And the seats are great. Regardless, the squirt is going to be SO SO SO SO excited. Unfortunately, the weather is supposed to be crummy. But I'll bundle us up good so the chilly air won't dampen our spirits. YAY! Go baseball!!

Also, I really miss my friends. Working all day, school at night and then seeing Ace and the kid are just not enough. I miss my ladies. And granted there are a couple dates coming up, I still miss that time. The chit chat. Sigh. Oh well. It's a part of life, huh?

Oh! So a friend's husband let me borrow a few of his books. One of them is called "Why?" by Anne Graham Lotz. It's a really neat little book and there are some great quotes and inspiring pieces of scripture. Not that all scripture isn't inspriring... but still.

" Measure thy life by loss and not by gain, Not by the wine drunk, but by the wine poured fourth. For love's strength standeth in love's sacrifice, And he who suffers most has most to give."

I'm on the tail end of the book and then I've got a couple really good other ones to read through. I love reading. I used to literally read all the time when I was a teenager. As an adult I've hardly read anything. Until the Twilight series. Now listen, I know a lot of you may judge me, but that damn series is GREAT. I love it. It's a great love story and very ... well, frankly it's cotton candy for the brain. I can't get enough and I even love the movie too. ANYWAYS - reading that series got me back into the swing of things and since then I've been trying to read a few chapters every other night or so from some sort of book. And it's great. It makes me think and gets my emotions going. I am learning new words and just feel... a little more a part of the adult world. I dont know if that sounds weird, and frankly I don't care. Just letting you know.

Alright peeps... I'm out for the night. Peace out. Enjoy your Friday!!

No comments: