Saturday, July 25, 2009

MOVING TIME!!

Gosh, it feels like forever since I wrote something. And I meant to write a blog post a little over a week ago, but completely forgot. Busy as usual.

Growing up it feels like my sister and I were always moving. I know that for the majority of the population moving is dreaded, however I don't really mind it. I like change and I definitely like decorating, making things different. I see moving as a means to do just that. I get to purge all sorts of crap I don't need and organize the stuff I'd like to keep. Overall, it's not a bad process. But... I do hate the actual moving things around part. I like letting the men do the heavy lifting while I just point and say, "Yep - right there is great. Thank you!"

Work has been nuts. Seriously. I have done so much stuff in the last few weeks yet I feel like I've hardly made any progress. There's just soo much to do! AND the most exciting news of the week - I AM GOING TO PORTLAND, OR!!!!!!!! YAY!! Originally I was supposed to attend training in Kansas City. Blah. Boring. Don't like Kansas. Well, apparently neither do a lot of other people and the class was canceled. Now, I am officially going to Portland. Plane tickets - CHECK! Hotel reservation - CHECK! This is one of those cities on the West coast that I have always wanted to visit. Especially so after visiting Seattle last November. I get to be in this city Sunday afternoon all the way through Friday afternoon. Alone. I can not wait. It's going to be awesome. And while sure... some might complain about being in a big city all alone, I WILL NOT. I love the idea. It's going to be fabulous. Anyways... yeah, so work has been really busy. I'm coding and initializing background investigations. It's cool.

School is DONE. OVER. At least for right now. This past Tuesday I sent in my final paper, submitted my last assignment and clicked send. Now, I wait for the instructor to post our grades. Have I mentioned that I'm not a patient person? Yeah... so the suspense is killing me a little. As of right now, I am 1/2 a point from an A. If I get a B, it will be the first one in like, two years I think. Which is fine I guess... it just will push me to work harder when the next class comes. OH! Did I mention that I'll get college credit for this training I'm attending in Portland? Yep. Government. Ah... I'm a fan now.

Home. So tomorrow we load up the truck. Thankfully we have one man with muscles coming and a girlfriend of mine. Between the four of us I don't think it will take that long. Then Monday we have to wait till the leasing office opens- 10am - to sign our lease. Then, we unload. My sister is helping us with that, so it might take a little longer. I am so excited, I can't even begin to express how much really. I keep looking at the floor plan and trying to figure out where stuff is going to go. And do we have too much stuff? What will we do with extra stuff, etc.? BLAH. I am so glad we took the day off. And I will more than likely feel ill on Tuesday and have to call in. (Cough, cough).

So we had the squirt last night. We are doing a rain check for our normal Tuesday night since we'll have just moved and I'm not confident his room will be ready yet. Which means we won't see him for a week. I already miss him. And I'm a little angry. Why? Because he now calls his step-dad, Dad. And I asked why he called him that and he said because he wants too. Well, I want to tell his mommy that he calls me mom sometimes and see how she feels about it. I always correct him, telling him "No, I'm Mimi. Your momma is mom." He knows who I am. But it just irritates me that he's calling his step-dad, Dad. I don't think that's right. I never ever called any of the father figures in my life dad. My dad is my dad. Period. It's not like calling any of them by their name diminished the role they had in my life at the time... so I just don't understand it. Am I weird for feeling this way?

Anyways... its raining here again. I love the rain. It's so cleansing. And the more moisture the merrier!! Ok. I guess that's all for now. Just a matter of hours now...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yeah for moving! I hope the hard, heavy lifting part goes quick. After I saw you and Aaron at our house, you are moving pros!

Portland sounds great. I have never been but would love to visit some day.

Being on the other side of the dad thing I somewhat disagree. When Drew and I had Ocea (his daughter) for visits and she would refer to her mom's latest boyfriend as her dad (she was 4-6 years olf at this time) it used to irk me because her mom would not date any of them for more than 6 months. Nate and I always called each other by our first names to the kids. Phoenix began calling me mom 2 or 2 1/2 years ago, Wynter after the wedding, and Brennan often calls Nate his name to his face but calls him dad when talking to other people. It is a touchy subject and I understand why it hurts Aaron and your feelings. If his mom or stepdad is encouraging him to call his stepdad dad then that isn't right but if he does it on his own maybe it is just easier for him. He knows who his "real" dad is.

Can't wait to catch up on Friday! Yeah!