One week ago today we moved into our new place. What's funny is that the peeps that helped us didn't think all our stuff would fit. But it did. ALL of it. BOOYA!!!
It's a 2BR, 2BA 1,022 sf. We got to bring my washer and dryer from the house and are renting a garage for Ace's massive car - the 1962 Chevy Impala. I actually got to see him drive it and everything. It was awesome. The house is SOLD. SIGNED. DELIVERED. I even had a dude come by and pick up a huge pile of trash/junk in the front yard. We vacuumed everywhere... stain treated the carpets... etc. (sigh)
I took Tuesday off from work to stay home and organize a bit. I could literally barely walk and was up at 3:30am that day. Couldn't sleep, obviously. Thankfully Ace stepped up BIG time and helped organize. It is literally the first time ever that I had help organizing a house. It was great. Now, art is on the walls... dishes are in the cabinets and for the most part we can enjoy our space. The squirt's room is so cute. I love it. I bought him this little race track rug and a big boy comforter. Ace is putting art up on the walls and he has his basketball hoop thingy in there. It's definitely a boy's space. Which is what it's supposed to be. Our room is very neutral and clutter free. I am picking up this print I've been wanting for a long time in a couple weeks. It's a Van Gogh. Huge. Beautiful. I can't wait. The bathrooms are clutter free as well. The walls are white, which is boring, but it works for us because we do have so much art. And our laundry room is HUGE so we've got some extra storage action going on in there. The cats seem happy. They roam around and lay in the middle of the floor. Since the weather is nice in the evenings we've been keeping the sliding glass door open. They go out onto our patio and check stuff out. Did I mention we are on the second floor? Well, we are. It's not too bad. The bedrooms are fairly large and our closets are enormous. Which is good cause I need the space:-)
Work is still busy. Today and tomorrow are a little stressful because all but two of us from the team are gone. Which means that I have no one to ask questions to all day. It's like, I was there for 8 hours today, but I feel like I hardly did anything. I did bring in more art. My cube area looks like a gallery by now. Ha. Oh well. It's comforting for me and others don't mind.
I am done with school till November 3rd. I got an 89.64 in my last class. My first B in two years. Whatever. I did a good job and learned a lot of neat things. Social Psychology is very interesting.... can't wait for what the next classes bring or stir up.
I guess that's it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment