Friday, July 9, 2010

I can't be alone in thinking this stuff... right?

It just so happens to be one of those nights where I am analyzing every little thing about myself, life, other people, etc.

Life is so short, yet we spend so much time worrying about meaningless crap. Why? What good does it do? Why can't or don't we focus on all the good stuff that is right in front of us? Is it because we have a need or desire to balance things out and create drama in our own heads?

And why is it that I can forgive and feel all happy for someone one second and then the next want to scream because of all the bad crap associated with them? And why do the few negative comments that someone says outweigh the tons of positive comments?

Too many 'why's' and not enough answers. Or well, I know the answers but for some reason they don't stay at the forefront of my mind so I have to be reminded of them after I freak out.

Ugh. I am almost done with school. ALMOST. 1.5 weeks left. If you can believe it, I have actually considered going back at some point for a masters degree. In what? Not there yet... but the thought has flickered. Work is still busy. Insanely busy in fact. I can't believe it's July already. I don't have August or beyond in my planner yet so I feel completely disorganized. I am dog sitting for basically month and then the summer will practically be over. And then I'm turning 30. WTF? I have been looking forward to turning 30 but now I'm all - where the hell has the time gone? Have I spent it wisely? Am I doing what I'm supposed to be doing?

Right now the hot topic at hand is whether we should get a dog or not. Ever since Lady passed away in 2006 I have had this void in my soul. And every time I'm around other people's dogs I want one of my own. Well, the time has come and opportunities have become available. What should we do? Do we take the plunge? Then, do we get a puppy or consider re-homing a sweet little girl.

Ok. Thoughts are starting to slow a little. That's all for now. Til next time.

No comments: