I have looked at my blog every week for a while now with tons to say, but yet no energy to type it all out. We'll see how much I get out tonight.
1. Jon Smith - still sucks. Yeah, haven't gotten over what went down in January yet. So if you (Jon) are reading this - I am really glad you haven't made any attempts to contact me. And I hope you have no intentions of doing so in the future.
2. School - I finally got my HR class done and over with. I managed to creep out with an A, which is just crazy to me. I learned a lot and was so thankful to be done in the end. However, my instructor is truly amazing and I will miss communicating with her. The class I'm finishing up now is Theories of Personality. The textbook is really neat and I sort of wish I wasn't renting it. I keep seeing things that I want to highlight, tab, mark, etc. Eh... who knows. Maybe I'll buy it later. As of last night I began my Directive Study on Depression and then in June I'll have my very last class - online - on Abnormal Psychology. That class I am really looking forward too.
3. Work - Still really busy. I feel like such a slacker because every day I learn something I also remember there is something else I forgot and have to make time for. There aren't enough hours in the day and overtime hasn't been approved. So... I'm stuck. There is a guy that works in our office that used to be an HR Assistant. Apparently he was really really good. I'm going to ask him to lunch at some point and see if he can show me a few things. Right now - my desk is covered with green folders every day. I tell my customers it looks like Christmas.
4. Vegas was AWESOME. I had so much fun visiting with my best friend and making a new friend, her cousin. We got to shake our booties in a hot club and I managed to get stupid drunk and puke a few times. Walked the strip... got some sun... ate some delicious food and had some good conversation. Now I can't wait to go back. Also got temp tattoo and managed to fool a few peeps into believing it was real. Even if for just a few minutes ;-)
5. Easter with Nathan was fun. We had a surprise visit from one of my girlfriends and her son. They stopped by that Saturday so the kids colored eggs and played for a few hours. I made a yummy dinner. Then that Sunday we had a nice breakfast and just played. It was uneventful and quiet. A peaceful day for a peaceful holiday.
6. Graduation is coming up quick now. I thought my step dad was going to make it out here for the ceremony, but sadly... he lost his job. SO now my step-grandmother is coming instead. She'll fly in Fri morning and out Sunday morning. YAY!
7. Side job of Caregiving is going good. I have a client right now that I see Sunday mornings and Monday/Tuesday evenings. She is super sweet and very calm/patient. I truly enjoy spending time with her. It does make me a little sad at times though because I'm not able to do this with real family. And I want to buy her stuff (ie flowers, games, puzzles, clothes, etc.) Think I can adopt??
8. Side job of Dog Sitting is chill right now. I haven't done a whole lot which is good. Between all the other stuff I am SWAMPED. But I do miss my pups.
Have I mentioned that I am so incredibly busy that it takes me a couple days to respond to emails? That's just unheard of normally. Same with phone calls. I feel like I live in my car some days, which is fine with my new car. But still... sleep is definitely lacking. I would love to take a vacation to Naples. I saw tickets to Ft. Myers for $142. SIGH. The idea of vegging out on the beach for 3 days sounds delightful. Maybe later on. 30th birthday present perhaps??
K. I have procrastinated long enough... take this for now.
1 comment:
Somehow I lost the link to your blog, couldn't find it on Google, went to email you, then found you.
Sorry I haven't read much lately, getting caught back up.
We are planning a Colorado trip for August so hopefully we can meet up, even if it is just for dinner or coffee.
I hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment