I pray also that they eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Eph 1:18-21.
So I finished reading this book last night. A friend's husband loaned it to be last December. Of course at the time I finally started to read it -I discovered how much I really needed it. Funny how that works out, huh?
Anyways, as I read further into this particular chapter I came across something that really touched me. Therefore, I share.
Jesus stands ready to help us, but His help is contingent on our absolute, total obedience to His Word, whether or not we agree with it or understand it. His help is delayed and His power is bound and His glory is hidden as long as we stand around in disobedience and argue! ... How will you ever experience the power and the glory of God in your life or the life of someone else if you attempt only those things you are sure you can do? If you stay in your comfort zone?
Because while belief is the consent of the mind and faith is a choice of the will, trust is a commitment of the heart.
In some way, God requires more than our intellectual faith - He requires our total trust as demonstrated by our obedience to His Word in order to release the miracle.
When you don't understand why, just trust Him!!
1 comment:
I can still read! Just checking in and saying hi and I miss you!
Post a Comment