Alright, so this has been one of the most emotional, stressful and hellish weeks I've had in a loooooooooong time. Let us start with last week. Not sure if I posted about this or not, but my poor 1994 Toyota Corolla died almost two weeks ago. Yep. Something about an engine rod. SUPER! I immediately start planning and ask my dad if he would be willing to co-sign on a loan for me. My credit is shot (thank you person that shall not be named) and Ace's is even worse with the selling of the house. Anyways, Monday comes and my dad backs out. He says he never really said "Yes" to begin with. Regardless, I was devastate. All I can think about every day is, how the hell am I going to get back and forth to work and still share pick up/drop off responsibilities for the squirt? Not to mention... the last couple trips in my car for him were less than ideal. Poor thing was all flushed red and sweaty from no air conditioning and no power windows to put down so he could have a breeze. Sigh. Plan B. SO... after a long talk with my other-dad (aka Garry), I felt a lot better about everything and began looking for something else. Then, out of no where, the dude that got me my job at the govt offers to co-sign for me. AWESOME! Fast forward a couple days and it's today. Or well, yesterday. I stayed home from work to be with the squirt since day care was limited. Normally the situation is great! I get an entire day with the kid to play, read and have fun. But not this Friday. Oh no. He has the swine flu. Yep. H1N1. Ugh. Real mom took him to the doctor's office on Wednesday and the idiot nurse completely ignored his symptoms and sent them home with nothing. This time however, I take him in, get to see the real deal and he says - yep, it's more than likely the flu. People, I can't express to you how miserable this poor little guy has been. He doesn't want to walk, stand, sit, pee or really anything. He lounges on the couch watching Cars over and over again. Thank God for G-rated movies and drinks periodically from his sippy. All the while maintaining an average fever of about 100. Of course for the dr appt it was 103.6. As a parent, I feel completely useless and helpless. This evening I tried all sorts of stuff and I'm not really sure what worked. I do know that he did finally agree to go to sleep about 45 minutes ago. I sure hope Saturday is a LOT better.
Ok, back to the car situation. So I get to the dealership where I found this neato little Scion. Yes, I absolutely dispise their shape/design. BUT it had everything I need or want. Literally spent 3 hours there only to end up walking away from the deal. Now, I'm awake and it's almost 5am. I can't stop thinking about what to do. But I calm myself by remembering that I'm going to Portland, OR in a week. YEP. ALONE. So I won't even need a car for a week. If I can just make it this next week... it will all work out, right? It has too.
Work has been quite stressful as well. I don't know if it's the combination of being busy there and preoccupied with the car situation or what... but I almost had a couple panic attacks. The OPF (official personnel files) kept piling up and I probably corrected every action I coded at least twice. Yes, I'm learning. But being a perfectionist sort of sucks sometimes. Anyways... it's been nuts. This training in OR better explain some stuff cause I'm tired of just doing things because - this is how it's done. I want to know WHY.
I miss my friends. I feel like I haven't seen them in forever. My family is basically non-existent right now. I'm sad, disappointed and feel a little lost. A few friends have said to me, "Don't worry, this happens to everyone. We just don't talk about it because we don't want to relive the miserable experience." Yay. That's encouraging.
P.S. I love Jim Gaffigan.
2 comments:
Yikes! Sounds stressful. Scary about the swine flu. Having sick kids is the worst feeling ever. Having two sick kids at the same time is even worse. As a mom there isn't much you can do but have them rest, take them to the doctor when apprioriate, and hope they get better soon. I hope the car situation resolves soon.
I knew from your title that you loved Jim Gaffigan. :D
Sorry to hear about the swine flu. That's terrible (and I thought it was pretty much gone by now). Holden had roseola at a young age (which is just a lot of fevers for about a week and then a rash and its gone).
Hopefully you can get a car. :)
Post a Comment