Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What the HECK is biting me?

Last week the squirt and I went to the pool at our new place Tuesday night and Friday night. It was hot enough and the water was wonderfully refreshing. What I didn't know at the time was that I was being bit by something. I have over 15 red bites on my left hip area and torso. It's nuts! And I can't figure out what it was. I've put cream on them and taken stuff but they are still there. How long do these things stay around? I feel nasty. Ick.

Um. On another note this past weekend was fun and interesting. Saturday morning we took the squirt to Splash water park. It was really fun and he enjoyed it so much that he's asked when we are going back. Pics will be on facebook later. It's an awesome place for little kids. After that we all came home and napped. Ah... time in the sun. Then I got up and headed to a client's house. I was there to clean and sort of care for their two dogs that evening. Well, I ended up cleaning for 4 hours. I seriously had no idea what I was getting myself into. Sure I had been to their house, but I never really pay attention to the fine details when I'm dog sitting. I focus strictly on the dogs. Well, this time I focused on the house. It's a simple little condo that is all cute and cozy. Only when you start analyzing every detail you realize how many square feet are really there. LOTS of floors. Hardwood. I hate hardwood floors. I know that the majority of the population loves them, but as a cleaner... I can't stand them. I can see every tiny spec of dirt and hair. It drives me nuts! Anyways... after spending 4 hours cleaning and dripping sweat all over the place, I put the dogs in my car. Now, for those who don't know - I drive a 1994 Toyota Corolla. No power locks. No power windows. No air conditioning. It's as basic as basic gets. And for the last 10 years it has run great. Well, I put the two dogs in my car and rolled the windows down so they could hang their heads out. A favorite past time of most dogs. Except that night I was hungry from not having eaten since 11 am. I go to Good Times. It's a great little fast food burger joint that has quality food. I pull up and begin to place my order when out of the corner of my left eye I notice a little bunny hopping around. I wasn't the only one who noticed. Both dogs literally hop out of the car windows and proceed to chase this damn rabbit around Good Times. I'm screaming at them by this point and apologizing to the gal taking my order. She says it's fine. Of course it's NOT fine. Cheap entertainment for her Saturday night. Glad I could give someone some laughs because I was shaking. Eventually I get the dogs back into my car and roll the windows up. Mind you, I'm still hot from cleaning and NO air conditioning. No gentle breeze blowing in the wind. Just hot dog breath. I took them to the dog park, let them pee, poop, sniff butts and then we were on our way. I dropped them back at the house and came home. I then proceeded to go to my happy place. Ace ran me a fabulous bath, I put my beach sounds on, turned off the lights, lit some candles and soaked for about a half hour. Oh. And I heavily medicated myself so I wouldn't think about what happened.

Sunday was a little less hectic. I drove up to Lafayette and babysat two of my favorite kids. I had a great time with them. I just love kids. They are so... real. Anyhoo... it was a great way to spend my Sunday afternoon. Then I drove over and picked Ace up from T'Dog's house. Of course he had wounded himself on their bike ride. An MRI will soon tell us if he ripped his MCL? Yeah. Then yesterday and today I had training for work. FLSA. Sounds like fun, huh?

Wednesday night I get to have fabulous pizza with one of my ladies. Thursday night I'm going to veg in front of the tv and watch a movie. Friday night we have the squirt and start all over again.

The new place is still great. We've got art up on most of the walls. Boxes are unpacked. Not surprising since I can't stand to have anything in boxes for more than a few hours. It feels nice. Settled. The drive to work isn't bad. About the same as before. We are on the second floor, which for the most part hasn't been a problem. However, I don't think I've posted about this... but the neighbors directly above us appear to be on the opposite schedule as us. At around 9:30 pm every night a banging/knocking/drumming sound starts. It's inconsistent but lasts until the early hours of the next morning. And it's so loud that it wakes me up from sleeping. That's a pretty loud knock. At first Ace didn't believe me. He thought I was hearing things. Until the other night. He heard it and says to me, "what the hell was that?" I said... uh, that dear is the knocking I've been telling you about." Well today I wrote a complaint to the management and asked what the protocol for this type of stuff is. Do I confront them directly? Leave a nice little note on pretty stationary on their door? Or do I call the cops and have an officer politely ask them to stop making whatever noise it is. Whatever. Part of living in an apartment. I know the drill.

Um. Yeah. It feels nice that things are finally settling down. I'm less anxious and have more time to think about important stuff. Like reading positive, uplifting Christian books... making cards for people... and knitting. I still haven't finished my sock. But I will, people. Oh, I will.

No comments: