Ever heard of Hot Tub Folliculitis? Well, you have now! I should have taken pictures but then again, I sort of don't want proof of the nasty sores I had for over two weeks. Ok... so a while ago I think I posted something about being bit multiple times. I did all this research and never found what it was that bit me. Then last Saturday Ace and I took the squirt to the pool. Well the water was chilly so we went to the hot tub. When we were done, we immediately washed the kid and then I got out of my suit, dressed into something else and headed out for a couple hours. When I got back I showered and Ace and I went out that night. Fast forward to Tuesday morning. I get up, shower and as I'm soaping my torso feel some bumps. I look and sure enough I've got those bumps again! Dammit! So when I got to work I researched Bed Bugs. This had to be it. After a few hours I decided to call our apartment leasing office and see if they'd ever had issues with bugs. I called and spoke with "A". I told her, "I need to ask you a peculiar question." "Have ya'll ever had an issue with bed bugs?" She says, "Yes, in the past but we treated the area and they didn't come back. Why? What's going on?" I begin to describe what's happened and she says, "OH! That's Hot Tub Folliculitis. Don't worry, you don't have bed bugs. Another resident came in this morning after seeing the doctor and that's what he diagnosed her with. Same symptoms and everything."
OH MY GOSH!! Seriously? It's an infection of the hair follicle that is caused by bacteria in un-clean hot-tubs. GRODY!!!! I seriously have never ever felt so disgusted in all my life. I have since scrubbed my skin every day and slowly the bumps are going away. But they hurt! And itch! Ugh. It's nasty. SOOOOOOO.... I am never ever setting a toenail in another hot tub for as long as I live. Sorry for those who have private hot tubs - I just can't do it.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
**As a side note** I am really REALLY thankful that neither Ace or the squirt got this disgusting infection.
No comments:
Post a Comment