I realized after a few hours last night that I haven't updated on my birthday. First of all, it was one of the best days EVER. It started off that Friday night when I got in from Portland. Ace and the squirt came to pick me up and of course the little man was sound asleep in his car seat. I arrived home to find some beautiful flowers (posted in my picasa pics) and a semi clean home. Then that Saturday after breakfast we got ready and headed out to pick up my NEW CAR!!!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!! Pics also on picasa. Walked in, signed some papers and drove home. Nate-dog was soo cute. For the rest of the weekend he asked if we could ride in Mimi's race car. LOL. I had asked if we could have him the whole weekend since it was my b-day and Ace and I had that Monday off. So Saturday we drove around in the new car. Went to the park I think and something else that night. Then Sunday we had some breakfast and headed of to church. Of course the sermon was so meaningful and kiddo went to Sunday school without a fuss. Afterward we went to the library, but they weren't yet open so we hung out at the park for a bit. Then checked out some books... and cruised back home. Then that evening after naps Ace made my favorite dish from an Italian restaurant in Denver and we finished it all off with ICE CREAM CAKE!! Then, as an added treat we went bowling. Yeah, it was 9 pm and we explained to Nate-dog that it was way past his bed time but this was a special occasion. The 3 of us had a blast! Of course it was the topic of conversation for the next week. But so what? Kids can be hard to please sometimes! Then Monday we slept in some, ate some breakfast and crept over to the pool. We hung out there for a couple hours and enjoyed the day off. The water was warm but refreshing... the sun was shining... there were a couple kids around and it was just all around nice. Got home - napped. Then, sadly the squirt had to go home. I hated to see him go. It was just too sad. Ace and I had a quiet evening alone together and enjoyed more ice cream cake. YUM! Overall - it was a terrific weekend. I got a new car and spent the entire weekend with my favorite boys. Ahhhh....
Ok. Updates on other stuff. Work is still really busy. Last week was nuts. They warned me that the last day in a pay period is busy because all our clients send in work they want done RIGHT then. Well I experienced that full well on Friday. I came home and wanted to sleep. But instead I soldiered on and attended the Women of Faith conference in downtown Denver. It was awesome. I love those ladies and the Good News they spread. It's like water for my soul. Got home close to midnight, slept in a little and went back for more on Saturday. Unfortunately, my breakfast didn't agree with me and I ended up getting super sick to my stomach. I called Ace and had him come pick me up. I ended up in a college administration building with no one around - thankfully - and tried to give Ace directions. We made it home where I rest for a bit. I feel fine now.. but I don't think I can drink OJ anymore. Oh well, it could be worse. So yeah... work is busy. I'm still really enjoying the work and things have slowed down some to a point where I feel like every day or two I can get a certain area organized. I have post it notes on everything and surround myself with eclectic art in an effort to overpower the sense of living in a "cube". But the people I work with are great.
I start class again in about 4-5 weeks. It's online, but still... homework is around the bend. In all my free time I've been trying to see friends or just being lazy. Ace and I have been trying to read together and spend quality time together, so that's good. I'll post more about my readings later.
The apartment is still good. We've gotten a lot of art up and it feels more like a home now. I think we've settled in nicely and I could easily see us staying here for a bit. At least long enough for us to get back on track with our credit and finances. It's one small step toward the big goals.
The squirt is too cute. He says the most incredible things every day. I swear he grows another half inch each week. OH! Our big news is that we are taking him with us on a ROAD TRIP!! Yep, with the new wheels we are heading to San Diego for Thanksgiving to be with Ace's family. I can't wait to take him to the beach and the zoo there. GAH! So much fun to look forward too. Not that we don't have fun here. Even tonight we painted for a couple hours and made a couple greeting cards. He also painted some sun catchers for the windows. I love doing crafts and it's not until I'm doing them again that I realize home much I miss being creative. Did I mention that I finished knitting one sock? I DID! One more to go. Then I want to make something each for Nate and Ace. Matching beanies maybe?? Thoughts? Ideas?
So yeah... I guess that's about it. I'm makin sweet tea like kool aid and lovin it. Got the kid hooked on it too. Um. Cats are doing well. And so now I'm off to bed.
1 comment:
Great update! Love ya!
Post a Comment