Sunday, January 31, 2010

How long can the body hurt?

Ok, so my weekend in North Carolina went ok. I didn't accomplish any of my initial goals, but we got my Grandma in a better bed, so that is good. However- I will be flying back another 2 times in the next 8 months to help get them moved into an apartment.

So day 1 was Friday the 22nd. My uncle and I arrived with the idea that we were "surprising" my mom. Ha. My Gma had a fit. She thought we were there to take her away to a home. But then she quickly calmed down, changed her tune and allowed us to come in and purge her space. That day not a whole lot got done. My mom and I loaded up around 18 loads of laundry in bags, uncle put them in the van and we headed to a laundry mat. Not a bad place... they actually let you use the dryers for free if you wash your clothes there. Nice deal I think. I dropped mom off there and headed to Wal-Mart for some necessities. Came back, loaded up all the clothes and took mom home. Day 2 my uncle I met at WM and then headed to the house for the official purge. Our plan - get all the crap out and clear out the space around my Gma's bed so we could dis-assemble her current bed and put a new one in. It took about 6.5 hours to get the clutter out. Then we made another trip to WM and went by the storage unit to grab the spare mattress/box spring. That was fun. We managed to get the mattress inside the van and then tied the boxspring down to the roof. HA HA. It was a sight. Then we got the bed set up and for the first time watched as Gma was able to go from her wheel chair to a bed with no issues. YAY!!! Mission accomplished. Day 3 wasn't as productive, but I was a little bitter, so it was ok. I had intended to go to church with my friends but was literally too exhausted to move so I slept in. Then I got ready, picked my mom up and headed to Sephora - her dream store. We had lunch at Red Robin and then I dropped her off to shop for a little bit. While she was looking through all sorts of skin care and make up I was washing the van. It was a little grody, so I felt good when it was all shiny. Swung back and picked up mom. I even took a picture of her outside the store. Then I dropped her off to play with her new stuff.

So my oldest friend, Bri, had a baby two weeks ago today. I called to see if it was ok to stop over. Of course she lives in the middle of NOWHERE and it was raining. That drive was fun. But well worth it. I got to meet Carter Michael and Bri's husband, Bobby. Emma and I got to chat for a bit - she is 7 and loves Black Holes right now. Carter is adorable and I didn't want to give him back after holding him for like an hour. Ahhh.. babies. Can't wait! Then I drove back to K'ville. OH! SO I don't want to forget to mention that while I was in NC I stayed with my fabulous best girlie friend Ames and her hubby who I also got to meet for the first time. It was definitely the best place for me to crash at for this trip. Very comfortable and at home feeling. YAY! That night I ended back up at WM and then made myself a yummo dinner. Day 4 was Monday. I got up and stuffed my face with more biscuits. Did I mention those before?

Ok. Biscuits in the south are truly delicious. I haven't been able to find anything that comes close to the fabulousness of their biscuits. Mmmm... the butter.. the flakiness... It's just soooo good. When Celeste and I drove out to CO from NC in July 2007 we noticed that Hardees and Bojangles stopped at Tennessee. Sad, huh? The peeps in CO deserve quality biscuits too. I just checked and they are solely in the South. As for Hardee's though, we have a couple close to us in WY. Cool. Never knew that. Ok, back to that Monday. For breakfast I had 3 biscuits. Delicious. Then for lunch I got to have my favorite BBQ in the whole world - Stamey's. OMG. I can't even describe the party that takes place on my tongue. Delicious. And for dessert - Strawberry Cobbler. GAH! Then, amazingly enough, we were able to make a quick stop by my uncle's work for a hug and mini tour of his work. It's pretty neat what they do there. And it's cool that he's been there for as long as he has. The flight home took a little longer than expected, but in the end I got home less than an hour late. Tuesday, Wed and Thurs were exhausting. Even now I still feel tired and sore in places.

Yeah, so about my body hurting. Tues and Wed my legs were driving my crazy. I stretched all day practically and still they hurt. I was up and down and doing so much over the weekend that when it came time to sit at my desk and do work - my body wasn't so happy. Now my neck and shoulders are expressing their discomfort. What is the point to all of this? I AM OUT OF SHAPE. I gotta start working out soon. Hiking, walking, going to the fitness center, etc. How long is it supposed to be this way? When does the soreness go away? Cause it seems like no matter how much water I drink, no matter how much I stretch, the muscles ache. Boo.

Anyways... very busy week at work. I am super duper busy and as a result feel like I'm not catching everything. I am a perfectionist, so that doesn't work well for me. School is kicking my butt. I started my capstone class for HR and I have 3 assignments per week. Gross, huh? Yeah... I can NOT wait to be done. I am still pet sitting. Got to watch Eliza this weekend. I sure do like her. The weather was perfect this weekend so we got to take some nice walks.

This is it for now. I have lots of other thoughts to come later. I will talk about my last class, my thoughts on life and just in general how I'm feeling. Prepare yourselves, I plan to expose the dark spots on my soul. Peace out peeps.

No comments: