And in my particular situation, it also makes me a wuss. I gave blood yesterday for like... the 5th time or something since early last year. Aaron and I have O+ and so the bank calls like clock work every 10 weeks. Well yesterday it just didn't start out all that well. I slept on a couch, got horrible sleep, ate a quick breakfast and then didn't eat again until AFTER my blood appt. So everything is going as normal. I'm feeling fine and then the gal goes to pull the needle out. All of sudden I feel really sick and within a minute start to get super light headed and dizzy. So I turn to her and say, "Um.. I don't feel right." She takes one look at me, raises my feet, grabs a couple cold compresses and then I puked. Yep. At the freakin blood bank. How pathetic does that get?? Anyways, there were a ton of contributing factors to my situation, but overall I just felt incredibly embarrassed. Got home, at a sandwich, took a shower and napped for a bit. Woke up a couple hours later feeling much better but not 100% yet. Then I made Aaron and I a very fancy, gourmet meal. DELICIOUS!
So... after thinking about it some I believe what happened is that my mind got the better of me. I was nervous about going in because the last time we were there the gal that pricked me HURT!!!!!!! LIKE.... REALLY BAD.... SO Bad in fact that my scar took like 11 weeks to heal. Nuts. SO there was a little anxiety going into it. Ugh. Whatever it's done. Tomorrow morning I go to my general physician to have some blood work done to check all my levels of stuff. I guess my cholesterol was up a little last year so they are concerned about that. Anyways, I'll let you know what happens there. For now I feel ok. Just tired. And my bladder feels like the size of a walnut because I have to pee so freakin much. The ladies at the blood center told me to double/triple my water intake. Well - I already drink a lot so now its a LOT LOT.
Anyhoo... the meds have kicked in and I'm sleepy. YAY! Will write more tomorrow. I still have stories.
<3 m
No comments:
Post a Comment