And a lot has happened already. The first weekend we had the squirt on our usual Friday night. The weather was nice, sunny and a little cool but we braved it and went mini-golfing. It was really fun. Each of us got a hole in one, and of course we got a picture of N with his. It was so cute!! Afterward we had some yummy pizza and headed home. That Saturday I had an eye appointment. Turns out that my vision issues may not be prescription related, but more fatigue from starring at a computer all day. What a shocker!! I picked out some new glasses (so much better than 20 years ago) and then went back home. We packed up and headed to the PARIS STREET MARKET! GAH!!!! It was the last one of the season. I was really good and didn't buy even one item. Ace grabbed me some delicious kettle corn though. After that we went to the park so N could play for a bit. Unfortunately he wasn't feeling all that well, so we didn't stay long. I actually popped over to the library and checked out some neato kids books. They are so adorable. Then - as if we hadn't done enough already - there was a muscle mini-car show down the street from our place. We thought N might like it so we went by there. As expected, he thought they were sooooo cool. There were a couple old Fords that were completely decked out. Neat colors! Then it was nap time.
I later dog sat for Fletcher. He's a sweet goldie I watch on occasion. He and I hung out and watched a couple movies. Some foreign flick that I can't remember the name of and another film called Grey Gardens. Both were - eh. Nothing spectacular. Sunday we had planned to go to church but I had a migraine. It went away just in time for a fabulous brunch at The Bump & Grind Cafe with my co-worker. The food is soo good and the atmosphere is pretty fun. I enjoy it:-) Later on Ace and I enjoyed the night. The week flew by again and in no time Friday was here. I got off work at 1:30ish and headed home. My friend, Bean, and I headed to New Mexico to see our dear girlfriend S. I am so thankful that Bean drove with me because the trip I took in December last year was a little lonely.
SO Albuquerque... it's not exactly the most beautiful place I've seen, but it has cool stuff. This particular weekend was the Balloon Fiesta. We got in sort of late Friday night and thought about getting up early to see the launch on Saturday morning... but instead I wussed out and requested to sleep in. SORRY! I like and need my sleep. So we had an alternative. S's hubby propped his snazzy ladder against the house and we climbed up onto the roof. The view was amazing! I took all sorts of pictures - at my picasa site in an album. Yes, I was a little disappointed in myself for not dragging my fat butt out of bed, but the rooftop view was pretty neato. After that we had a terrific breakfast prepared for us by S's groom. Then us chicks got showered and ready. We had an appointment at 11am at the St. James Tea House. Now, I'm a major herbal tea lover, but I have never experienced tea like this before. It was INCREDIBLE!! We were all served 3 different types of tea along with 3 plates of food. Pictures of everything are on picasa. We had such a wonderful time! I felt so feminine and girlie sipping tea and talking with my gal pals. Afterward we stopped by Target briefly and then got PEDICURES!! Well, S and I got pedi's while Bean got a mani. Then we headed back to the house and chilled with the fam. I napped. Once dinner time came around we headed out to Little Anita's. Now, the first time we visited, that's where we went for lunch on our last day and I had the most amazing fried ice cream ever. EVER!! SO - I had to go back. Well, we pull up and immediately something was wrong. This place was closing at 8 on a Sat night. Then we go to place our orders and I ask the question, "Excuse me. Do you have fried ice cream?" Response: "No ma'am, we do not." WTF????? And they didn't serve alcohol so margaritas were out too. Regardless we ate our din din and headed home. Us ladies sat up for a bit and gabbed. Headed to bed at a decent hour with plans to wake up early (for real this time).
Sunday morning - 5:30am S comes in and wakes us up. We got warm and toasty in our layers and then drove to the parking lot. Once at the lot we all boarded on the school bus just like we were a bunch of large, overgrown kids. For me - it wasn't the best feeling. I despised riding the school bus. I never had friends on there - except when I lived in NC in elementary school and met my oldest BFFF. Anyways... we get to the field, unload, waited in line for a bit only to get in for free. COOL! Then we got some hot chocolate and walked over to where the balloons were. Then, as if this guy was reading our mind, made an announcement over the loud speaker that the launch was being canceled. Did I mention it was a little windy? Um... yeah... it was blowin just a little. Got back on the bus, went back to the house and I went back to bed. LOL. After sleeping in for a bit we had some fabulous raspberry turnovers that S made. I LOVE THESE THINGS!! Ok, so after stuffing our faces and getting cleaned up, Bean and I headed out for a bit. S was exhausted and needed a nap. We went to a fabulous Arts & Crafts show on the other side of the highway. I've been to a lot of art shows but this one was really cool. The art was very original and just overall very pretty. Makes me wish I had a disposable income:-) While we were there we came across a couple things. 1) A local winery that had some fantastic wines. I bought one and loved it. SOOO good. 2) A gal from Littleton there selling some neato bags. And if you know me - you know I am a major bag whore. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Hee hee. That night S made us a delicious dinner. She is such a great chef! After that we played a game of Trivial Pursuit. It has literally been probably 7 years since I played this game. And after 2 hours of losing, we looked at what the copyright date was. 1981. SERIOUSLY???? No wonder I felt like a tard. UGH! But it was fun. I got sassy and we laughed a lot.
Monday Bean and I had the day off so after sleeping in some and eating a hearty breakfast we hit the road. I am proud to say that we made it back in a normal time. Just a little shy of 6 hours. Not bad - and I only went like 8 miles over the speed limit. So chill!
I have been dog sitting Miss Eliza, Miss Maxine and Miss Lily since Monday afternoon. One dog, two cats. Not a bad commute either! I'm 15 minutes away from work and I get to hang out with awesome kids. I love it.
This weekend is going to be super duper fun too! I have been looking forward to it for over a week. The Chatfield Botanical Gardens postponed their pumpkin patch festival to this coming weekend. AND we have a 5 year old's birthday party at the jumping place. I love doing kid stuff with N and seeing him light up. It's so... unpredictable. Sat night and Sunday I'm hoping Ace and I can have some alone time and work through some stuff. Ya know... discuss bills and goals and whatever else. We'll see.
AND then - our 2 year anniversary is on Tuesday! I don't know why, but it really snuck up on me this year. We'll have the squirt, so I think we should go to dinner somewhere and do something fun again. Maybe bowling? Hmm... good food... bowling... I think I know of a place that can provide all that and more! More posts will follow after that I'm sure.
Ok. That's it for now. I still have lots to blog about. Music. Movies. Books. Internal discovery and more emotional/mental analytics stuff. Just wait til my pysch class starts on Nov 2nd. LOL.
Toodles!!
1 comment:
Love ya! Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment