No, I did not run or walk in that freaking race... but I am in Boulder this weekend dog sitting. These two are old pals of mine. I met one of them when he was a mere pup, just weeks old. AWW! Pics to come at another time.
Today was my last day at Raytheon. 5 folks were able to take me to lunch at Red Robin and it was really nice. We laughed a lot and I learned some things about the coworkers I was leaving. Then I had a great talk with the HR Manager and feel a lot more confident that I'm moving in the right direction. I've had some doubts along the way of pursuing a career in HR... but the more I learn and actually DO... I love it. YAY! SO I start at the USGS on Monday. The USGS is within the Department of Interior. I really have no idea what I'll be doing, so another post will come next week with a full detailed description of what my job actually entails. WHOO HOO! Government adventure- HERE I COME!
On a different note my online class ends this week. Not sitting in a class room really made the term fly by. I feel like we were just getting started! So next week the next class begins and this time I am back to the classroom. 6pm - 10pm. After working all day. Fun, I know. But it's my first Psych class so I'm ready to be taught. Now... I will vent about one thing. TEXT BOOKS are outrageously priced. Seriously. $108 for a used book. For that much money I'd like books on CD please so I can listen to the freaken material as I commute every morning to work. What the hell?? Whatever. I found a younger edition for half the price online. Hopefully it will have the same material and I can read along with the class. Otherwise, I'm screwed.
Also, in case you were wondering, I'm still trying to come off the stupid Twilight high. That damn series is sick. I haven't read in more than two nights. I am still considering purchasing the movie though. A new one. The double DVD one. UGH. I'm no worse than a teenager.
Um... have I mentioned that I'm in Boulder this weekend? HELLO quiet time! I get to knit... read... nap... walk puppies and get some school work done. AND I get to visit with friends. Then, let the craziness begin.
I'm off to grab some grub.
No comments:
Post a Comment