As of Friday I am dog sitting in Centennial. 3 pups that are my friend's babies. Friday was uneventful. We just hung out and went to bed late. Saturday we attempted to visit the dog park, but a thunderstorm chased us out. Stupid rain. And the thing is, I know we need the moisture. But this every day full on storm warning stuff is a little nuts. It got old a couple weeks ago. Blah. But today we got up, had breakfast and prepared for the Chatfield Res. Thankfully, my friend who got me the job at the USGS agreed to meet me there with his two dogs. To explain how massive this place is... I can't even think how to describe it. It's a state park. HUGE. The main attraction is the reservoir, which was completely full today of boaters and warm weather enthusiasts. And oh my gosh was the dog park nuts. There was literally dog traffic jams all over the place! But the dogs ran and swam and played. It was great. And I got some color on my face! I'm trying hard to maintain a tan on the upper half of my body. Not tan like normal people, but tan for my standards. LOL.
My new class started last Wednesday. We had an interesting first night. We talked about the different types of social psychology. One of the topics that got me so heated was when our instructor showed a video clip from a popular network tv show, "What would you do?". It's basically a show that exposes the true nature of our society which is very individualistic and self centered. It's so interesting to me how when something bad OR good happens, the majority of the population turns a blind eye. For example... in this particular video 3 kids were vandalizing a car in the parking lot of a local state park. TONS of people were jogging, walking, driving through and only 1 person called 911 and only 1 person stopped to actually say something to the boys. When the crew asked a lady who didn't do anything why she walked on, her response was because she had gotten involved before and lost hours at work because of a court date. This infuriates me! WHAT IF THAT WERE YOU!???? Why don't people want to help out their neighbors? Because they are afraid? Afraid of what? Of helping out another human being? UGH. This disgusts me. A good chunk of people who read this blog are aware that my mother was a victim of domestic violence. I WITNESSED that violence. And no one ever did a damn thing! It's sickening really. How we just go about our lives and pretend like we didn't just see someone hurt someone else. Or try to break into a car. And this goes for the good as well. Lots of people help out those in need, homeless... elderly... etc. But those stories hardly ever make it on the news.
Anyways. I think I'm going to like this class. It makes me think and makes me want to LEARN more.
My first week at the USGS was great. I learned how to do so many things. Of course remembering it all right now isn't going to happen. I'm already excited for week 2. And I picked out my insurance stuff on Friday. Which is awesome! I'll be covered on the 21st. I know it sounds weird, but I love having insurance. It just makes me feel more secure. And this job is all about security!
Um... anyways. More solo time equals regular blogging! Wow. And it's almost my bed time. Geeze. Well, have a great week peeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment