Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I've survived two days so far

with the government. Not too shabby actually. I didn't feel overwhelmed yesterday or today and everyone wants me to ask LOTS of questions. I am feeling a little worn down just with all the driving around and dog sitting. Along with school. My next class starts tomorrow night and lasts for 6 weeks. It's really only 5, but we have the week of July 4th off - FINALLY. I will definitely be looking forward to that week. Short week at work. No dog sitting. No class. Maybe I'll get to knit again.

Ok, so at the new job I've gotten to put together some new files, check out the student program excel file - which I get to update tomorrow - and pull some job descriptions from USAJobs. Overall, neat stuff. I'm basically in recruiting and part of a team. There are 3 teams in the office and my team handles Central US. There's a LOT of positions in the Central US. The people are really nice and very friendly. And again, it helps knowing one person. In fact, knowing him there has already made my life a lot easier. Basically any question I have he can answer. Or send me to the person who can. Which is convenient. Overall, I'm much more excited about things than I was last week. Still sad that I don't see the Raytheon peeps every day, but I think I'll get along just fine at the Federal Center. OH! And I found out that I get to travel for training. In fact... I'm going to KS probably in August. For a week. I checked online tonight and the same training is being offered in DC or Baltimore, but the flights must cost more. Whatever. I get a week away - paid.

Other than that, not much really going on. I'm heading to bed soon and hope to have a restful night with no wake ups.

On to day three.... and at some point I'll loose count. :-)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Come to DC/Baltimore!!!! You can visit me whenever you have downtime for your training. I am serious! Call me if you can make it work. Love ya!