As I mentioned before, I'm in Boulder for the weekend puppy sitting. I truly love this city. It's so small and there's plenty to do.. not to mention my friends live here! Or at the least the ones I've had since I moved here. Friday I slept in a little bit and completed my 2 hour, 30 page printed out, background investigation for the government. HOLY MOLY! They literally wanted to know everything aside from what I eat during the day and all major surgeries I've had. But, I know it's all for good so I can get some kind of security clearance. Then mid-morning my friend, Beaner, stopped by. She and I took the pups for a walk and gabbed about our usual stuff. After the walk we hit up Pearl Street for some lunch. Let me first say - it has been literally over a year since I've gotten to eat lunch on Pearl St. Some of my favorite places are down there and I just love it. LOVE IT! SO we went to Falafel King. YUMMMMMMMMMMY! I got my grilled chicken pita and of course the ever fantastic baklava. OMG that stuff is so freakin good. MMMMMMMM.... then we parted ways. I had to drive down to Littleton to pick up the squirt. Ace was working a different shift and needed help with the pickup. OMG that kid is so freakin cute. We got to the house and were playing in the back yard and he says randomly, "Mimi... I love you." Awww.... Then when I had to leave to come back up to Boulder he says, "Mimi, I'm going to miss you." I said, "Why is that kiddo?" and he says, "Because you are watching puppies." We gave me a big kiss and hug before I headed out. It's those little bitty moments that last for days. Months even. Gosh I love him!
Friday night was uneventful. I watched a movie with the dogs in the massive theater room. Read some of the Twilight book and fell asleep. Saturday morning I slept in again and surfed the internet for a bit. And I actually talked to my Dad. Here I was thinking something horrible had happened because he never called me back after all the messages I was leaving on the house phone, when all it was - the machine is broken. GAH!! So we talked for a bit. Then my other girlie friend, J-Star called. I headed to her place. I love hanging out with her. She's soooo... indescribable really. We went to her pool with her son, who's now almost 7!!, and laid out for a bit. I actually swam in the water, which was surprisingly very very warm. It reminded me of Naples beach water in the summer. Not really refreshing, but just nice to be in. Then we laid out for a bit. I got some sun. YAY! COLOR!! Then we went back to her place, cleaned ourselves up and went to the 29th Street mall. Now, this is a newer area of Boulder. Back in the day it used to be a mall. A mall that for some reason had NOOOO business and was majorly outdated. Well, they tore all that down and built up this huge fabulous new outdoorsy mall. It's great. So we went to a restaraunt there. Mexican. Had some great guacamole. YUM! Then we went to the new theater there and saw "Up". Personally, I liked the movie. I thought it was cute, inovative and different. After that I came back to the house and watched another movie with the pups. Read some more of the damn book.... fell asleep and slept really late this morning. But that's ok... cause I'm allowed to do that sometimes. Since then I've been working on school stuff. Thankfully it hasn't taken me more than a couple hours. I've learned that once I really focus on school stuff, I can get it done rather quickly.
And that brings to me to why I love living in Colorado. So as I sit here and type away at my paper, still feeling the warmth of the heat on my sun kissed skin, it begins to rain out. I open all the windows and breathe it it. I LOVE RAIN. I love it when it's hard, soft, spitting, etc. When I was in Seattle, it was great. Even though it hardly rained while we were there. But here, it never rains. However, this May it rained quite a bit. Which has been wonderful. The grass is green, the trees are happy, the flowers are blooming. It's just flat out beautiful. I wish everyone who came out could see it when it's like this. Within a couple months the rain will stop coming and everything will turn this ugly brown color. Along with record breaking tempatures. Which will no doubt make me overheat. Did I mention I don't have AC in my car? Yeah... that sucks.
Anyways... it's just been an amazing couple of days. I got to lay out, gab with a girlfriend, eat good food, see movies, sleep in and breath in fresh rain air. I'm treating this like a vacation. My friend told me.... enjoy this time while it lasts cause once you start working full time at the fed center... its all over. Which is true to an extent, but I do try to make the most out of every situation.
While I day dream of living in North Carolina, being hours away from friends and family, there are days when I can truly appreciate Colorado. It's my home now. I just wish my peeps were a little closer. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment