Monday, May 11, 2009

Hi people

Ok, so here's the deal with all the uplifting "Christian" posts. First of all, once I got my mind outside of the Twilight fog, I began to read these books that my friend, Ames, gave me. WOW! What amazing words that I read. I have become inspired and motivated. Where my internal flame was barely flickering it is now shining bright. YAY! Finally!!

And the truth of the matter is, whether you are a believer or not isn't the point. The last post is about choice. For the longest time I have claimed to people that you have the choice to change your life. You aren't a victim of an event or circumstance. You are in LIFE. What happens, happens. A lot of things we do have control over, but above anything else we have control over ourselves. PERIOD. It's that simple. To most of you that know me, I am a major control freak. So being able to recognize things when they happen for what they are, and to recognize what I do and don't have control of, is HUGE. But I will tell you, it has changed my life. Not soo many months ago I was crying a lot. A LOT. And I wasn't cursing God or asking him to stop it, I just kept praying for more strength, more patience, more understanding, more peace. Basically anything that would help me get through - but not with blinders on. Because I do want to learn. Each experience that I go through is a lesson to be learned. If I live through it, there must be something to take from it.

Anyways.... I'm just at this great discovery spot in life right now. Things are going well and yet I become more and more curious each day about things.

Whew.

2 comments:

Ames said...

yay megs. im glad youre enjoying the books. ive got more where they came from. and boy are they good too. i love you! and love your blogs! :) youre an amazing woman.

Susan Christine Lund said...

I so wish that more people would see this side of life and look more positively at things.