Sunday, May 24, 2009

A memorable week and end

Ok, so since the last post I've been busy busy busy! That Wednesday after the job offer I drove down to the federal center to fill out paperwork. I think I signed my name 15 times that day. After that I went to Costco. That store is literally a danger zone for me. I went in for a COUPLE things and walked out with a full cart. Granted, it will save us money in the long run.. but still. The initial shock of your receipt is a little... hard to swallow.

Once I got back to the house we literally did nothing. I napped and watched 3 movies. Doubt, What Happens in Vegas and Bride Wars. Doubt, in my opinion, was DUMB. I love Phillip Seymour Hoffman though and Meryl Streep. Amy Adams is fine too, but really... she hardly acted. The other two were entertaining. Then I actually made it to bed at a decent time. Thursday mid-morning a gal pal came over. She and I took the pups back to that frightful trail with the rattle snake. It was actually a really gloomy day but also kinda neat. It felt like we were walking through the fog. The dogs played in the water and we just chatted. Of course because I wasn't alone this time it went by really quickly. And I had my water. Anyhoo... after she left I soaked in a nice hot bath with Epsom salts and napped for a bit. Then I got up, made myself a yummy dinner and watched tv with the dogs. Friday morning I got up, straightened at the house and headed home. OH! Actually, I did meet a new dog sitting client near his place. Then I headed home. We had the squirt Friday night. It really is unbelievable how quickly he is growing. And the things that come out of his mouth... wow. Saturday we stayed home cause the little guy had Pink Eye. Not fun for him and especially not fun for others that get it.

Last night though I met up with one of my girlfriends. She really is amazing and I miss her like crazy. She only lives in Boulder, but seriously... some days it feels like a world away. We had a drink and appetizers at a very snazzy restaurant in Cherry Creek. There's a reason I don't go down there. The people are snooty and it just feels very unaccepting. Whatever. I'm cool. HA!!

Then today I got to finally come home and relax in my own bed. MY BED! I haven't slept in it for over a week because of dog sitting. But now I have like, 3 or 4 nights off before the next client.

So far so good. All is well. Nothing new to report. Ace and I did get new phones yesterday and got on a better plan. I can't stand spending more money than is necessary.

Alright. Until next time.

No comments: