Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Holy Moly Tuesday

Well, today was interesting. I went to bed late cause CC was here hanging out. Woke up early to feed the dogs and went back to bed. Finally got up and around, ate some breakfast... cruised the internet for a bit then got dressed to take the dogs out. We went to Coot Lake this time. It's near IBM. Aaron and I used to meet there for lunch to walk around and talk. It's a really pretty area. Of course because it's a lake the dogs went swimming and had a pleasant time. Got back to the house and I got back on the computer. Then, out of the blue, my phone rings... I don't recognize the number but answered. It just so happened to be the gal from the schmoverment. She officially offered me the position. Full time. 40 hours a week. Full benefits. Student position that will eventually lead into a permanent "real" position. At first I was sort of shocked and didn't know what to say so I told her I'd call her back after I talked with my husband. Of course Ace was fine with any decision I made... he just wants me to be happy. Then I called my boss. She of course was disappointed that I'd be leaving but said that it is an incredible opportunity and that I have to do what's best for me. Sigh. Then I called my co-worker, whom I now consider a friend. She literally made everything better. She was SUPER excited for me and told me I had to take this job. After I got off the phone with her I called the gal at the schmoverment back and accepted the position. I start June 8th. HR Assistant. I'll be working in Lakewood at the Federal Center. I'm excited but sad and nervous at the same time. At least I'll know one person!!

Then tonight I went up to Boulder and had din din with one of my lady friends. We went to one of two favorite Italian places, Il Pasteo. YUM YUM YUM. Then I had to have some Dairy Queen. I wanted to do at least a little bit of celebrating. It was a really nice time. Now I'm back at the house with the dogs and they are so darn cute. OH! And my girlfriend let me drive her BMW. GAH..... soooooo nice. And really, anything is better than my car. I still have my little carolla and a group of us are still amazed its running. But really, its been a great little car with hardly any issues.

Ok, so now I'm going to bed. At a decent time. I'm medicated and going to read some before I drift off into dream land. Tomorrow.... schmoverment paperwork. This is only the beginning people.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your new job! That sounds great!

Susan Christine Lund said...

Congratulations! You deserve the very best! Positive energy does pay off in the end, and you are always full of positive energy.