Monday, May 18, 2009

What a Monday!

Alright, so I don't recall right now if the time is posted when I do a blog entry, but I'm pretty sure I did one earlier. Anyhoo... so I arrived in Frederick at around 1am and took care of a few things before bed. Finally ended up asleep after 2. Of course I was exhausted and wanted to sleep in. Thankfully, I have 3 dogs that were NOT on my schedule and wanted to be fed and let out at around 7am. SUPER! Shortly after I went back to bed. Slept till it was time to get up and get ready. Then I headed to Boulder to grab Scott. After lunch I came back here and napped. Now - during that time I'm pretty sure I took a few phone calls that I have no recollection of. Sad, yes. I can't help it. I'm a light sleeper but it always seems like when people call me as I'm sleeping - I am dead to the world. Or at least half way.

SO I got up and around, put on my sneaks, grabbed the pups leashes and we headed out. Apparently they go to the Sage/Eagle trail in Boulder often so that's where we headed. HOLY MOLY did I NOT know what I was getting myself into. I left my bottle of water in the car thinking, "Oh... we'll be back in no time." HA! NO IDEA OF TIME! We ended up walking for 2 hours. And it wasn't a dainty little stroll. We were bookin! At least I was anyway. I'm sort of out of shape as it is but good lord! We got back to the car and I was literally completely soaked with sweat. YUM. Ugh. Anyways... headed back to the house and I cleansed myself immediately. I am not really a fan of sweat. Ew. OH! I have to mention that while we were on this little stroll, we saw a RATTLESNAKE! YEP. That's right. Now, for those of you who know me... you know that I am PETRIFIED of snakes, spiders and moths. Now, when we were approaching it I couldn't tell if it was alive or dead but I wasn't going to try and find out. Of course though, one of the dogs goes over to it and licks it. At which this thing jerks back, coils up and starts rattling it's fabulous little tail. I'm screaming, "Leave it!!!!" to the 3 dogs that are now incredibly curious as to what this little moving thing is. GAH! So not cool. At all. We also saw horses and cows and lots of poop. I find it interesting that dog owners are REQUIRED to pick up after their animals but yet horses that use that trail can just... poop where ever. And it stays there. Until a furry little pup comes along and wants to roll in it. Yep. Ick.

I got more sun. YAY! Maybe by the end of this week I'll look like I really was on vacation! HA! However, I do need to fix the farmer tan action on my arms. It just looks weird. I have a red neck. And red arms. Still pale shoulders, stomach and legs. Hmmm...

Tonight, I am having salmon and veggies for din din. Then it's movie time. It would appear that since I'm out here I'm adapting the owner's living schedule as well. These night creatures have it going on. Silence and darkness. In the still of the night....

1 comment:

Ames said...

petrified of snacks???? oh dear.